Tuesday 8 May 2012

Trying to make progress!

Well, time is ticking and I still have so much to do!  I have almost finished the goody bags for the orphanages.  They have a lovely combination of things in them for the children to play with and use and came in at $20/bag.  Not too bad, but times it by eighteen and it adds up!  I just have to type up some of the chants for 'Chinese Skipping' and put the rest of the stickers together.  Hopefully they will all fit in my new duffel bag from MEC (Mountain Equipment Coop).

I have decided not to buy books from KidsBooks.  They will be too expensive and be too heavy!  I did part of my London Drugs non-prescription shot tonight - ouch! I think I could just about open my own pharmacy!  I get my last shot tomorrow (rabies #3) and hope to be able to talk to the doctor at the travel clinic again.  My consultation was back in January and I have a few questions.  Due to it being rainy seasons, the Dengue mosquitoes are apparently quite active during the day!  There is no shot for Dengue fever yet.

I bought two disposable cameras at London Drugs and hope that I will be able to leave them in my country so that care givers in the orphanage can take photos for me.  These may be the only photos pre-adoption that my child has.  It is upsetting to think that there won't be any baby photos.  Thank you to my fellow bloggers for sharing this idea.

I found a cool travel surge protector by Belkin and available in Canada at Best Buy.  It was $40 and takes three plugs plus two USB outlets.  I don't have a power surge on my laptop at home so will use it in the apartment when I get back.  My desk top is on a surge protector power bar but I never thought to do this for my laptop!  I have two batteries for my camera but didn't buy a second battery for my camcorder as they cost $80!

Wonderful news on the home study front.  Thank you Toronto!   My agency in Toronto is wonderful!   I am talking to the director tomorrow morning and she is so kind and sweet.  She says if I find a child slightly older than my home study says that I want to adopt (eg: 4-5 years old) I should be able to start the application and then come home and change the paperwork.  I was worried in the interim of leaving the child and coming home to make changes another family might discover my little one. 

One of my next jobs is to try and start to put all my paperwork together but I still have to make a list of the orphanages, the groupings in which I think it makes sense LC and I visit them and which ones to go to. I also need to photocopy documents and make a list of numbers, phone VISA, etc.

I head to Victoria on Friday after work and have a very busy day planned for Saturday!

Those of you that pray, please say a prayer that I don't fall to the NASTY virus and cold that is making its way around my classroom.  This is the last thing I want to take to with me to my country.  It seems to be of a real knock-out variety.

I have started to try and pack but need to go and buy some new summer clothes.  Not good news!!!!! I will be back to WW when I get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment