Thursday 24 May 2012

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Hi Everybody,
I have to start by saying I am so happy I bought this laptop on Boxing Day, that I brought it with me and that the hotel wi-fi is sooooo good.  It is allowing me to stay connected with all of you at home and that is a source of support at the moment.  As I have said before, I am also absolutely blessed to have L travelling with me.  The downs of this process are coming a little harder now and although I feel the trip is drawing to an end, we still have five days.  Sunday is going to be a day off the adoption business it seems, but as it is a special holiday in my country it should afford us some time to soak up some local culture.  When I realized this, I decided it would be a good time to be here as it allows us to experience things that I can later share with my daughter.  Please enjoy these photos from today.

The Chinese Embassy
One of the nicer homes in the city
The entrance to the university.
Part of the campus





The orphanage we visited this morning. 
Looking down the street from the orphanage.

The field across the road.
Some of the residents that are allowed to have their picture posted!

One of the orphanage dogs.  The just ignored us completely and didn't even try to interact with us.

The second orphanage was a very nice house in a reasonable area and this donkey was grazing its way down the back lane.  We already have backlane chickens in Vancouver, how about donkeys?  This one was most uncooperative as he kept walking away from me.  So glad the children don't behave that way.
Tomorrow I am MEANT to have a meeting with the ministry but it is half-past nine and L and I haven't heard anything!!!!!!   I don't think we'll hear anything this late!

No comments:

Post a Comment