Monday 28 May 2012

The Last Two Days

Sunday was a very quiet day.  I spent a lot of it at the orphanage visiting with the 7 3/4 year old that I am being drawn to.  I didn't sleep on Saturday as I thought about my decision.  I realized that because I had extended my age to 5 for the trip but not officially, I am going to have to increase it further.  It has been a very long and emotional trip and I think I need to go home and make a decision.  I may regret not making it here as soon as I get on the airplane but I want to make sure I am making the right decision.  I had hoped for more years with a younger child but as a friend pointed at the age of 8, coming from an orphanage there will still be many firsts.

This morning, Monday, L and I went to the ministry and met with a secretary.  We then tried to visit the lawyer but he wasn't available.  L holed up in the hotel room all day while I went to visit two other girls available, they go half-day and I wanted to see them without the little girl I seem to have bonded with around.  Of the three girls, I definitely have a connection with the 7 3/4 year old.  I came back to the hotel and then went back over to see the little girl I am considering when she got home from school.  The visit went well and she read to me and talked to me even though the other girls were interacting with some US college students.  I sat with her while she ate dinner and then came back to the hotel. 

Unfortunately I have no pictures from Sunday or Monday that I can post.

No comments:

Post a Comment