Saturday 14 July 2012

Putting Closure On Things

To put closure on the situation with 'R' I am sending a package of goodies to the orphanage to be shared by S-L.  I bought three very cute sunhats at the ferry terminal on my way to Victoria for the Canada Day weekend.

Can you guess which one I have in mind for "R"?  Then I bought three stuffies on the ferry.


I couldn't resist them!  Again, can you guess which one I though "R" might like?

Then one day in the first week of July after spending most of the day cleaning my classroom, I went into Gap Kids and found some tank tops on sale.  I thought I'd add those to the package.


Next I went to Shoppers Drug Mart to buy a padded envelope.  I thought I'd look to see what they had as I was thinking that the girls really need something to do.  They loved the sketch pads I picked up for 30 cents each in the local book store.  No such luck here, but these Crayola colouring and sticker books looked cool and why not munch on some flavoured jellybeans while your crafting!


 At the Gap, I also couldn't resist their jewellry and figured my girl needed a braclet!  Something to make her feel special.

I am going to buy a packet of dog treats for Spot, the orphanage dog and a necklace for S-L then send the package.  I am not sure how much it will cost me but it is worth it.  Oh, I am also making a little photo album for "R".  I figured she can take this with her when she goes to her new home and will have pictures of the orphanage, her friends and some of herself.  I have just gone through all my photos at R's place and have to narrow them down to 24.


I am going to ask SL to offer "R" the hat and stuffed toy I thought she'd like first but if  "R" would rather have a different hat and stuffy then she can.  I am curious as to whether my guess is what "R" would pick. The other hats and stuffed toys can then be given out to the other girls.  I'd like "R" to get one of the tanktops and one of the colouring/sticker books.

Here is my choice for "R".  I hve an Eddie Bauer dog like this, bigger, but just as cute!

I am also putting a little photo album together for J&L at the home for young mums.  At least J will have some baby pictures of L if she is able to keep the album and it doesn't get lost. 

1 comment:

  1. What a good idea, Elizabeth! I think it may help R. get closure too...
    And that is the cutest sun hat ever :)
    Gen

    ReplyDelete